Ukraine War Updates
News Update on Trends Recorder about Ukraine War Updates: Russian President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday morning signed an order declaring a “partial mobilization” of the Russian military and sending military-trained Russians to fight in Ukraine.
Ukraine War Updates: Russia’s Putin a partial military mobilization for his Russian citizens
“Only those citizens who are currently in the reserve, mainly those who have served in the army, have a specific job and have the necessary experience, can be conscripted,” Putin said in his TV program “Address to the People.”,” he said.
President Vladimir Putin on Wednesday ordered Russia’s first mobilization since World War II, backed plans to annex parts of Ukraine, and said he was ready to defend Russia with nuclear weapons, he said. He warned the West that it wasn’t a bluff.
- Putin has ordered a partial mobilization of the Russian population, including putting military reservists on active duty and increasing arms production.
- In a pre-recorded announcement, Putin said the West “wants to destroy our country.”
- In a comment translated by Reuters, he claimed that the West was “trying to turn the
- Ukrainian people into cannon fodder.” The Russian leader also said that in partly
- Russian-occupied areas of Ukraine, Russia will not allow civilians to enter the country, as a series of “referendums” aimed at joining the Russian Federation were held later this week. He argued that he had a moral duty to protect.
Putin also accused Western powers of supplying Ukraine with long-range weapons systems capable of penetrating deep into Russian territory and again accused Ukraine and its allies of threatening Russia with nuclear threats.